Everything in the first list is true.
Everything in the second list is also true.
- Life is hard.*
- You are not important.
- Your life is not about you.
- You are not in control.
- You are going to die
- Yes, it’s hard. It’s also joyful and magnificent. Which do you choose to focus on?
- Except to those who love and rely on you. Except to those whom you serve.
- Until you humbly discover who you really are.
- You never were. The sooner you let go, the sooner you will be free.
- When you accept this, you can stop being a hero and start being a human.
*this list (and the strong influence to write this post) comes from Adam’s Return (Crossroad Publishing, 2004) by Richard Rohr.